« Home | Foggy, low light images » | Don't fret » | Low light images of East Hull » | Urban decay » | Ancient and modern » | waterlogged » | Revisiting my past part 2 » | By the riverbank. » | A grotto in a pub. » | I must be bored...... » 

Sunday, February 05, 2006 

Urban engineering




I must admit to a sneaking admiration for civil engineering. The Clough Road bridges are just a stone's throw from the'Jazz Joint' and as such I see them every day on my walk to work. Although I don't actually cross them that often. I took these images today, on my way to PC World to buy some extensions to my pc internal power supply for some 'gubbins' I just bought (techno babble for a 'USB 2.0 / Firewire' card).

It was a crap, miserable, dull day. Hence having to faff around with the brightness of the images on my pc to get something worth posting.

These photos remind me of my childhood when me and a mate used to go out taking black and white photos of old woolen mills around Morley/Batley in West Yorks.(Late 60's/early 70's) He made a small fortune selling them a couple of years ago. Me? I was just the idiot who posed for them!

Yes, hello Mr. Jazz. I believe I requested a picture from you, and, while I don't remember what theme it was that I requested, I am still waiting for a picture either (a) dedicated to me, or (b) for me. Thank you!

spooky pic man!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm JJ
  • From Hull, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
  • I still haven't got the hang of Thursdays, nevermind life in general. Perhaps I should get out more?
My profile
Syndicate this site (XML)









BlogMad! British Blog Directory.



Photoblogs.org
View My Profile



Blogarama - The Blog Directory



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 England & Wales License. Image hosting by Photobucket

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Click Here to Visit Top 100 Hull Bloggers

«#Blogging Brits?»

Varb For Me
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
* The title of this blog inspired by a piece of music written by fellow Yorkshireman, and favourite musician / composer / guitarist, Bill Nelson.