« Home | Some 'Wildlife' images » | Some more manipulations of an 'everyday' object » | Let's shop » | Garden Village » | Rivetting » | Metalwork 2 » | Metalwork » | Continuing the floral theme » | A pleasant sight » | Frettin' again » 

Saturday, April 29, 2006 

Beautiful day



Well, what can I say? It's not yet May, but already today has been glorious weatherwise in Hull, as you can see by these snaps I took at 3pmish around the town centre not far from Queens Gardens. My excuse for being there was to buy a birthday present for my niece. Glad I took the timeout now. Weather forecast for Sunday and Monday......not very good. We shall see.

Oh, if you're wondering, the first vividly coloured image is of a flowerbed I just happen to be seated near whilst sipping a diet pepsi. It took my eye, I snapped away. Of late I seem to be developing, I suppose for want of a better word, an 'appreciation' of horticultural beauty. I haven't a clue what they're called but I like plants, foliage, anything that you stick in the ground and produces colour in all it's form and hues. It must be an age 'thang', oh well if it means I have a distraction when I sit down to rest my feet I don't care.

Just in case you think I've got fed up with manipulating images, check this out. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more.

Mmmmm....
Bellis daisies and primroses my dear.
What a lovely shot, we are sure in need of some horticultural colour!
I will say one thing for Hull, the landscaping team are spot on. We need these natural commas in our rushed concrete world, as you say, they make you stop and rest for a while....Nice :)
V

Beautiful pictures! I love spring!

Beautiful photos. I enjoy seeing everything come to life in the spring time.

Nice photos!!!!

:-/

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm JJ
  • From Hull, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
  • I still haven't got the hang of Thursdays, nevermind life in general. Perhaps I should get out more?
My profile
Syndicate this site (XML)









BlogMad! British Blog Directory.



Photoblogs.org
View My Profile



Blogarama - The Blog Directory



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 England & Wales License. Image hosting by Photobucket

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Click Here to Visit Top 100 Hull Bloggers

«#Blogging Brits?»

Varb For Me
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
* The title of this blog inspired by a piece of music written by fellow Yorkshireman, and favourite musician / composer / guitarist, Bill Nelson.