« Home | Something for Bob » | Nelsonica 08 weekend, a tale of experimental time ... » | Some local colour in York » | York Boer War memorial in HDR » | Getting ready for the 'Ball' » | Bring back the spark » | Contemplation » | The banks of the River Hull (HDR treatment) » | A carbuncle or a rose? » | The rain seems to have stopped. » 

Saturday, December 06, 2008 

A birthday

Today would have been my late father's 78th birthday. But instead it's a time of remembrance for me and my family. Last night I stayed over at my mum's, the first time I've seen her in too many weeks. I phone her every day, but it's not the same really. Anyway, it was wonderful to arrive 'home' to a smiling face and a hot meal. It was bliss to spend a bit of quality time with my family, something I wish I had the opportunity to take for granted.I miss my dad, even though he could be a pain in the arse at times. Christmas is approaching and I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it without my father.

Sorry you've been down, John, but am glad you got to spend some time with your mum.

Hope your Christmas day was a nice one, after all.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm JJ
  • From Hull, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
  • I still haven't got the hang of Thursdays, nevermind life in general. Perhaps I should get out more?
My profile
Syndicate this site (XML)









BlogMad! British Blog Directory.



Photoblogs.org
View My Profile



Blogarama - The Blog Directory



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 England & Wales License. Image hosting by Photobucket

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Click Here to Visit Top 100 Hull Bloggers

«#Blogging Brits?»

Varb For Me
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
* The title of this blog inspired by a piece of music written by fellow Yorkshireman, and favourite musician / composer / guitarist, Bill Nelson.