« Home | I'm stuffed » | I hate politics » | A birthday » | Something for Bob » | Nelsonica 08 weekend, a tale of experimental time ... » | Some local colour in York » | York Boer War memorial in HDR » | Getting ready for the 'Ball' » | Bring back the spark » | Contemplation » 

Thursday, January 01, 2009 

Welcome to 2009

Well, that's all folks for 2008 and good riddance as far as I'm concerned. It can only get better from now onwards, fingers crossed.

Here's a movie I made of the firework celebrations I saw while staying over at my mum's house. I'm not sure, but it didn't seem as loud as last year's shindig? Anyway, it still reminded me of the siege of Stalingrad.


Too right, dude -- a not-so-fond farewell to 2008. I'm not very optimistic about 2009, either, but I'm really trying to get into a more positive frame of mind. Will just have to see what happens.

For now, I'll say, "Happy New Year, John!"

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm JJ
  • From Hull, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
  • I still haven't got the hang of Thursdays, nevermind life in general. Perhaps I should get out more?
My profile
Syndicate this site (XML)









BlogMad! British Blog Directory.



Photoblogs.org
View My Profile



Blogarama - The Blog Directory



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 England & Wales License. Image hosting by Photobucket

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Click Here to Visit Top 100 Hull Bloggers

«#Blogging Brits?»

Varb For Me
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
* The title of this blog inspired by a piece of music written by fellow Yorkshireman, and favourite musician / composer / guitarist, Bill Nelson.